Friday, 7 March 2014

Reflection On The Spelling Lesson This Week

This week when we did spelling my group was doing beginner prefixes of greek and latin words. I learned that mono- and uni- means one, bi- means two and tri- means three. I also learned some new words like bifocals ,that is what older people usually have, they are glasses with two lenses. We also did some extra words where we had to find more words than just the ones we had. these are the ones that were my extra words: 
mono- monocle, monodrama, monograph and monogram 
uni- university, unicorn, unicycle and UNICEF
bi- binoculars, biannual, biathlon and bible
tri- tritium, trisylable, trishaw and tribulation
Some of these words I already knew and some of them I had to check in the dictionary for. I really enjoyed this lesson and I learned a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment